学习. 合作伙伴. 旅程. 在一起.
症结所在, North Park’s discipleship cohort for first-year students, provides a deep dive into all three of the University’s distinctives: 症结所在 is deeply Christian, 关系跨文化, 和 intentionally city-centered in all that we do. Open to students from all majors 和 church backgrounds, 症结所在 is a community of students who follow Jesus together throughout their first year at North Park. 有课程和课外元素, 症结所在 provides a holistic approach to transformation in Christ, equipping students for a lifelong journey of faith 和 formation.
The word “dynamic” is derived from the New Testament Greek word, “dunamis.” Our discipleship is meant to be as dynamic as the lifestyle that Jesus came to establish. It is rooted not in doctrinal beliefs but in real relationships 和 our mutual pursuit of Jesus, who came not to bolster our beliefs or create a conformist culture, 而是, 改变所有的生命.
Because Jesus is about transformation, 症结所在 emphasizes spiritual formation. 我们所做的一切都是流动的 的 和 回 我们在基督里身份的形成. Practically, this means the following opportunities to reflect on our formation:
- Weekly spiritual formation groups led by 神学院 students
Students in each 症结所在 Cohort take classes together, 问关于圣经的诚实问题, 教会, 和神的国, while reimagining what Christianity could look like. 教学是以合作和讨论为基础的, 和 classes provide interactive experiences throughout the city. Classes often fulfill general education requirements 和 may include:
- Other credit-earning courses in sociology, history, philosophy, etc.
Intercultural connection with our neighbors is a vital part of Christian discipleship, 这就要求重构关系. 症结所在 students commit to partner with organizations both on campus 和 in the city, forging relationships of mutual transformation 和 interdependence. Some sites where students have served include:
- Many on-campus student-led organizations 和 cultural clubs
Jesus led his disciples outside of socially 和 traditionally acceptable spaces to re-encounter the “other.当症结所在的学生在芝加哥旅行时, we seek re-humanization—not only of the “other” in our lives, 而是我们自己. In the process, we begin to see judgments fall away 和 real relationships form. 沉浸式体验可能包括:
- 访问ing churches of various theological 和 cultural backgrounds
- A three-part 芝加哥 Mosaic Experience throughout the city
- Form a community of discipleship with peers on campus
- Get involved in multiple student communities on campus
- 学习 alongside peers while earning credit toward a bachelor’s degree
- Connect with 神学院 students mentors, NPU faculty, 和 staff
一年. Open to all first-year students, commuter 和 residential, athletes, all majors.
- 应用 和 be accepted to North Park University as a first-year student for fall 2023.
- 填写并提交 症结所在在线申请. Priority consideration will be given to those who apply 到2023年5月1日; applications received after this date will continue to be reviewed as they are received.
- 在您的症结所在申请提交之后, you will receive an email with information about next steps.